With this guide, you are going to learn about Confidential Fax Cover Sheets and how they are useful in keeping your personal information secure from others.
The term confidential means secrecy and in the corporate world, the value of privacy is extremely crucial. Every organization engages itself in various deals with various people and all are very important and private to them.
In case of leaking of the valuable information or data, it can be misused easily and can lead to huge losses for the entire organization. Hence, to keep the information private and secured, a fax machine is one of the options that save the big organizations from this trouble.
A confidential fax cover sheet is the first step in this process. The basic fax cover sheet is a common example of the way of doing faxing through the fax machine. But the professional fax cover sheet contains the names and fax numbers of the recipient and sender, a subject of the document and the sending date.
It is obviously labeled with the word confidential in bold letter. It has a statement of confidentiality note, which is disclaimer operating to the legal nature and privileges accorded to the fax document. A confidential cover sheet is used to keep sensitive information secure and it helps integrity for business.
What is a confidential fax cover sheet and why it is used:
As with email, information sent via fax is not secure, means it could be intercepted by unauthorized third parties during transmission.
So you can help safeguard the confidentiality of faxes sent from your business by creating a cover sheet template using Free sample sheet template using various tools and instructing your staff to attach it to all outgoing fax communications.
- Open your word processing application and type the name and contact details of your company at the top of a blank page.
- You can also insert a picture of your organization logo if desired, although the method for doing this will depend on the software you are using.
- Check your program user guide for further advice.
- Type confidential facsimile in a large, bold font below your company details and leave a blank space in which to enter the date of the fax transmission.
- Now create a section where your employees can enter the detailed information about the required recipients of their messages. Include space for the title of the company a fax is intended for and the name and job title of the intended recipients with phone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses. Leave some space for the same detailed information about the sender.
- You also can use the tables to create spaces for the information, or simply write down the title of the information you want, such as the name of the company along with the colon and blank space.
- Include a space where the number of pages being transmitted in tax can be clearly stated, along with an area reserved for any comments from the sender.
- Now add a disclaimer to the bottom of your cover sheet. This may state that the content of the attached message is intended solely for the stated recipients and should not be viewed by any other persons.
- Your disclaimer should also state that anybody receiving the message in error should contact the sender, destroy the message contents and not forward any information contained in the fax to third parties.
- Then save your cover sheet template on your organization communal hard drive along with any specific instructions you have sending confidential information by fax.
Types of Confidential Fax Cover Sheet
- Statement Confidential Fax Cover Sheet – This type of confidential sheet is used when the bank transactional statements are being sent to a person.
- Editable Paramount Confidential Fax Template – This type of confidential sheet is used when the documents attached are very sensitive cum private to the esteemed organization.
- Confidential Medical Fax Cover Sheet Template – This type of fax cover sheet is used for enclosing the medical reports or medical history of a person that is a very personal document for the concerned person.
The Best Tips to follow before using a Confidential Fax Cover Sheet
Fax cover sheet is one of the best ways to save your lots of time as if you start writing a Fax cover sheet, then it will consume time, which is very annoying so we are giving the concept of the template so that you can download and edit them.
- You should also make sure that your cover sheet should be limited up to one single side of A4 size paper.
- To make a difference in between generic fax cover sheet and confidential fax cover sheet, it should be designed bold and should be measured that used by the right person only.
Confidential Cover Sheet PDF
This is also another important method that can be used to secure the content that you are attaching to your sender. You can create a PDF file of the document and secure it with a password. Whenever someone will try to access that file, it will ask for a password. You can share this password with the recipient and make it secure.
It is required when we need to keep lots of information private and confidential. For example – medical bills, patient records, report samples and much more. There are other important types of fax cover sheets are available on the internet free of cost.
We are giving the link of these confidential fax templates. The best free online Platform you can use to download printable fax cover sheet template without investing so much time. Just simply click, download and edit.
They offer the best confidential fax cover sheets that can be downloaded free of cost and can be used any number of times. They are highly customizable too.
Also, Get 11 Free FAX Template that you Can Use Right Now to send Fax.
What information should be on a confidential fax cover sheet?
Here you should also remember that it is important to add a note to the bottom of your cover sheet template requesting that the intended recipient acknowledge safe receipt of the fax. Instruct your employees to be very conscious of the location of the fax machine when transmitting messages.
Information sent to fax machines in busy offices or areas accessible to the common public could be picked up by people other than the intended recipient.
I hope you must have got a fair idea about the confidential fax cover sheet and how you can send a fax from Gmail to your clients or the persons you are dealing with.
Feel free to contact us for any questions regarding confidential fax cover sheets or how to send a confidential fax. If you find this guide helpful, then you can share this guide with your friends across the social media or subscribe to our newsletter.